Rick Sessinghaus Named Top 25 Instructors in America by Golf Tips Magazine for 2011-2012 and named 2008 Southern California PGA Metro Teacher of the Year!
To book a lesson please call Rick at 818-843-1004 or click here.
Rick Sessinghaus, Psy.D, PGA
Rick Sessinghaus is known as “Golf’s Mental Coach”. He is the expert on the mindset principles that make or break performance on and off the course. His coaching has helped top junior, collegiate, and professional golfers reach new levels of performance. He is an Instructional Editor for Golf Tips magazine and can be seen on Fox Sports Network as a mental game contributor. Rick’s book Golf: The Ultimate Mind Game has been featured in national golf magazines and used by leading golf instructors across the country as the “best resource to improve your mental game.”
Rick’s teaching philosophy revolves around his Mind-Body-Swing performance system. Every golfer is evaluated on his or her mental skill, physical fitness level, and technical skills to uncover the best path for improvement. Rick is an expert in all the performance factors that golfers need to reach their goals.
As a sought after speaker and trainer to those companies looking to improve the key skills of motivation, focus, confidence, and execution, Rick’s Take AIM system for mastering the mental game skills has been used in his unique business training format. Rick uses golf as the metaphor for improving business performance.
As a former professional golfer, Rick has now found more satisfaction helping others achieve their dreams than he did in his own competitive career. Long intrigued by the fact that physical skills were rarely the determining factor in athletic success, he studied the mental and emotional skills that make or break a performance. Adding to his Bachelors Degree in Speech Communications, Rick received his Masters and Doctorate Degree in Applied Sports Psychology.
As he continues to enrich the quality of people’s lives through his proven performance enhancement system, Rick is constantly researching the latest scientific findings pertinent to achievement in golf and life. He lives with his beautiful wife Kathy and daughters Grace and Katy, and son Grant in Burbank, CA.
- Member of the PGA (Professional Golfers Association of America)
- Certified Golf Fitness Trainer with TPI (Titleist Performance Institute
- Advisory Staff Member for Wilson Staff Co.
- Certified Master Trainer of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Mental Game Certified Professional
- Trained to administer/evaluate the TAIS (The Attentional and Interpersonal Style inventory), which has been used with Olympic athletes, CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies, high ranking military personnel, and many others looking to improve their performance.
- 2008 Southern California PGA Metro Teacher of the Year
- Director of Instruction for Chevy Chase Country Club in Glendale, CA
- Named Golf Tips Magazine Top 25 Instructors in America
To Book a lesson please
call Rick at 818-843-1004 or click here