Top Junior Instruction in the Los Angeles Area
Finally a junior golf academy that offers a complete training system to develop junior golfers both on and off the course. Golf teaches many valuable life lessons and that is why coaching young players should include improving all aspects of a junior golfer including:
- Golf Mechanics- fundamentals to advanced techniques
- Playing the Game- learning the shots, course management
- The Mental Skills- focus, confidence, discipline
- Physical Fitness- balance, posture, flexibility, strength, nutrition
- Character Development- honesty, respect, leadership
My mission is to:
“Create Junior Champions on and off the golf course”
This means each junior will:
- Lower his or her scores
- Enjoy playing
- Respect the rules and etiquette of the game
- Thrive under tournament pressure
- Play for his or her high school golf team
- Create long term friendships with other junior golfers
- Be provided with the opportunity to earn a college scholarship
- Develop leadership skills
- Deal with adversity
The Rick Sessinghaus Junior Golf Academy offers programs for all juniors no matter what their level of experience. I have taught hundreds of beginners and many nationally tournament winners.
Believe me, there is a program for every junior.
The College Prep Program
This is the ultimate program for the parents looking to fully develop their child’s golf skills with the ultimate goal of playing at the collegiate level. This program is for juniors who currently play regional and national tournaments and are seeking to improve their ranking. This all encompassing program provides your child with a total performance package.
This weekly one on one coaching, includes:
- Complete assessment of golf skills
- Video analysis of golf swing
- Playing lessons to improve course management
- Short game shots
- Development of a practice schedule
- Balance other life responsibilities
- Maximize practice time
- Enjoy practice
- TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) Golf Fitness Assessment
- Customized golf specific exercise program
- On-going assessments to measure fitness improvements
- Increase power and consistency
- Nutritional guidance
- Mental Game Coaching
- Assessment of junior’s mental skills
- Mental Game plan to maximize focus, confidence, and mental toughness
- Tournament Preparation like the pros
- Playing great under pressure
- College Recruiting process
- Work with Rick Sessinghaus’ recruiting expert Chris Berg
- Create a detailed plan to get noticed by college coaches
To sign up for the College Prep Program call Rick now at 818-843-1004 or click here. This program has limited availability.
Thank you again for your great support of our junior summits. This year, we had 264 parents and juniors attend these events and we thank you for the invaluable information that you provided to them. The participants certainly shared the same enthusiasm and feedback on how valuable and appreciated your information was. We appreciate your willingness to be available and look forward to next year.
Kind Regards, KEVIN GIGAX | Executive Director SCGA FOUNDATION
The Tournament Golfer Program
This program is designed for the competitive golfer who is new to tournament play. This one on one coaching program focuses on developing the advanced playing skills needed to succeed in junior tournaments.
The junior golfer will learn:
- Shot making techniques such as fades, draws, flop shots, trajectory control, different lies
- Playing your best in a tournament
- How to prepare for a tournament
- What to expect with the different junior tours
- Introduction to the Mental Game
- Developing a pre-shot routine
- Dealing with pressure
- Building confidence
- Learn the rules and etiquette
- Developing a practice plan
- Introduction to golf fitness
- Basic exercises to improve balance, strength, and flexibility
- How to warm-up before a big event
To sign up for The Tournament Golfer Program call Rick at 818-843-1004 or click here.
The Recreation Golfer Program
The program is designed to introduce a young player to the great game of golf. This is a monthly group lesson program to start the junior on the proper path to enjoy the game. The group classes consist of up to 8 juniors. The classes meet once a week for one hour.
The classes cover:
- Basic skill development
- Fundamentals of putting, chipping, and full swing
- Introduction to the rules and etiquette of golf
- Time on the golf course to become comfortable in actual playing conditions
- Character development with lessons on integrity, honesty, and discipline
These classes fill up fast and start the first week of every month. Call Rick at 818-843-1004 or click here to sign up for the next session
Tour Team Seminars
These once a month seminars are led by experts in golf. The purpose is to help both the juniors and parents to develop great golf skills. These seminars are held on Saturday for two hours.
Future topics include:
- SCPGA Rules Official discussing rules and their importance.
- National Fitness expert presenting state-of-the-art junior exercise programs
- Rick Sessinghaus coaching the mental game skills of champions
- Top Yoga instructor revealing the keys to flexibility and how it enhances the golf game
- Chris Berg providing insight into the mistakes made in the college recruiting process and how to avoid them
- Wilson Golf demonstrating proper club fitting and the importance of equipment for your game
These popular seminars are the most cost effective way to get the best information on golf performance.
For more information and the current calendar contact Rick at 818-843-1004 or click here.
The Rick Sessinghaus Junior Golf Academy serves the cities of Glendale, Burbank, La Canada, La Crescenta, Pasadena, and Los Angeles.