Are you motivated by internal or external competition? Every top performer is motivated to succeed for different reasons. Today’s episode covers the various competitive strategies we use to spur ourselves on toward the finish.
Imagining future successes using a technique I like to call “Future Pacing” enables you to imagine yourself reaching your goals, but it’s important to stay balanced and grounded. With too much focus on the future, it’s easy to lose sight of the process, and so much of the learning and insight that helps you to stay motivated and focused comes from the process.
Tune in to learn more about your competitive style and how to use it to your advantage!
In this episode, you will…
- Discover how memories of past successes and failures fuel “Competitive Fire”
- Learn to achieve success using a visioning skill called “Future Pacing”
- Hear why losing can be a very powerful motivator for success
- Learn the difference between external and internal motivating factors
- Understand why obsessing over competition can stunt your professional growth
“Memories of past successes and failures fuel competitive fire.” – Rick Sessinghaus