Coaching fads are constantly evolving and recently I’ve heard a lot of people talking solely about the process of reaching your goals without spending any energy focusing on defining the goals themselves. In my experience, gaining momentum and being driven to accomplish your goals requires having clear goals to begin with.
Outcome goals provide a target that all actions are moving toward. They help you to stay motivated even when the achievement process becomes complicated. Now, imagine how tough it would be to keep your eye on the prize if you don’t spend time figuring out what the prize is. Tune in to hear why looking to the future is just as important as living in the moment.
In this episode, you will…
- Understand the difference between process goals and outcome goals
- Realize that different goals require different processes
- Hear why planning for the future is just as important as living in the moment
- Discover why you will only progress when you’re clear on where you want to go
- Learn how outcome goals provide a target that all other actions are oriented toward
“I’ve never met an executive who didn’t have clear outcome goals.” – Rick Sessinghaus